Google
 
Web spamandgubermentchesse.blogspot.com

Spam and Guberment Chesse

"I say what I mean and I mean what I say"

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Just scare me somemore


LINTHICUM, Md. Aug 10, 2006 (AP)— Air travelers dumped their water bottles, tossed their suntan lotion and waited hours in ever lengthening lines Thursday morning as airports ratcheted up security and delayed flights after authorities uncovered a terror plot in Britain.
In major U.S. airports, guards armed with rifles stood at security checkpoints and passengers were met by signs warning that all liquids were now banned from carry-on luggage. In one terminal at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, security workers opened every carry-on bag and all the flights were delayed.
"It's better alive than dead," said Bob Chambers, whose flight from Baltimore to Detroit for business meeting was delayed more than an hour. "It's inconvenient, but we'll make it."
The plot in Britain targeted flights from Britain to the U.S., particularly to New York, Washington and California on United Airlines, American Airlines and Continental Airlines Inc., a counterterrorism official said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.U.S. authorities raised the threat level for flights from Britain "red," the first time the highest threat of terrorist attack had been invoked by the federal government. All other flights, including all domestic flights in the United States, were put under an "orange" alert one step below the highest level( read the full article)
Okay it seems that the goverment's job now is to just scare the hell out of all americans now. I understand the need for Homeland security but I do not like waking up in the morning and the first thing i hear on the news is how terriorist were planning on blowing up airplanes in the air again it just make me nervous and make me wanna stay home from work but due to the fact that Im a mother and bills have to be paid I am forced to go and do my daily 9 to 5 and while Im driving to work Im watching the sky to make sure a plane isnt about to hit me. I dont like being paranoid but unfortunatly the goverment loves to watch american citizens scurrying like mice when the security alert goes from yellow to orange. Please stop the madness there are some of us in the U.S who dont want to have to sit at work all day and worry about if we will make it back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home